Nth root of number calculator
Discover the full potential of our intuitive number root calculator, which can effortlessly compute roots of varying degrees, including negative and fractional roots. The root of a number, b, to the nth degree from a given number, a, is a value that, when raised to the power of n, equals a. Our calculator streamlines complex calculations, making them accessible and easy to comprehend.
- Determine the square root (2nd degree root) of 9 by inputting '9' as the number (a) and '2' as the degree (n). The result is 3, as 3^2 = 9.
- Calculate the cube root (3rd degree root) of 8 by entering '8' as the number (a) and '3' as the degree (n). The calculator provides the result 2, as 2^3 = 8.
- Find the 4th degree root of 16 by specifying '16' as the number (a) and '4' as the degree (n). The output is 2, since 2^4 = 16.
- Compute the negative square root (-2nd degree root) of 4 by inserting '4' as the number (a) and '-2' as the degree (n). The outcome is 0.5, as (0.5)^-2 = 4.
Using the Calculator:
Follow these straightforward steps to determine the root of a number with our calculator:
- Insert the number (x) in the designated field.
- Input the degree (n) of the root you wish to calculate, including negative values for negative roots.
- The calculator displays the root (y) of the provided number (x) to the specified degree (n).
Our calculator offers advanced functionalities to assist you in exploring more intricate calculations:
- Fractional Roots: Compute the roots of numbers using fractional degrees, like the 1/2 power for square roots or the 1/3 power for cube roots.
- Complex Roots: Identify the complex roots of a number when the outcome involves imaginary components.
- Root Approximations: Obtain an approximation for roots of numbers without exact solutions, such as the square root of 2 or the cube root of 7.
- Negative Roots: Calculate negative roots of a number by specifying the degree as a negative value.
With our advanced calculator, you can quickly and effortlessly find the roots of numbers for various degrees, including negative roots. Suitable for students, educators, or math enthusiasts, our calculator is a valuable tool for simplifying intricate calculations and delving into the captivating realm of numbers.